We are working on the Jisc ‘Spotlight on the Digital’ project supported by Research Libraries UK (RLUK) and the Society of College, National and University Libraries (SCONUL).
The aim is to:
- Make existing digital content easier to find and to re-use for learners and researchers
- Ensure long-term preservation of valuable university assets
- Make sure that ‘discoverability’ is built in from the start when new digital resources are created so the task gets easier and more cost effective
- Improve the researcher experience
- Modernise institutional approaches to learning and research resources
- Support effective use of digital technologies to enrich learning
- Manage the institution’s digital research resources efficiently
A series of guides produced for the ‘Spotlight on the digital’ project on how to make your digitised collections easier to discover and use.
Download our ‘Trends in Discovery Behaviour Report’, looking at recent trends and research in scholarly discovery behaviour.