ORCID is a persistent digital identifier for researchers, enabling professional activities to be automatically linked to a researcher as their career develops. ORCID is an international movement working with consortia of members in different countries around the world. In the UK, academic libraries that adopt ORCID are networked and supported through a service run by Jisc in collaboration with ORCID.
Sero HE was part of the start-up team for the UK ORCID Consortium support service led by Jisc, working with Nicky Ferguson (Clax). We helped to:
- Run user community events including hack days
- Provide UK-focused guidance materials and resources for new and existing ORCID users, as well as signposting useful resources elsewhere
- Facilitate sharing of community information and integration plans
- Coordinate implementation activities among group members
- Gather technical interoperability requirements across UK universities
- Scope and guide integration developments, where appropriate.